Friday, August 31, 2007

A quote for you.

"There is only one you. God wanted you to be you. Don't you dare change just because you're outnumbered!" - Charles Swindoll

This quote reminds me of how lucky I am to be the mother of my great kids. I learn something from them every day. I have two girls who are teenagers. They are so cool! I wish I had been more like them when I was young. They are goofy, silly and unafraid to look foolish. They care more about their friends and living a Christian life, than being popular. They're not afraid to talk to the "weird" kid in class and stand up for him when he's getting picked on. They're not afraid to say drinking and sex before marriage are wrong. They love life and are passionate about the activities they choose to do. They don't care if everyone else is on the volleyball team - they'll go out for soccer because they love it. Although they're too young to have boyfriends, they "like" boys not based on what they look like, but what they're like on the inside.

It took me so much longer to learn to be happy just being myself. They have some tough years coming up in jr.high and high school. I pray that they can hold onto who they really are and who God has created them to be. To be true to themselves. I pray they don't lose that and take 20 years to find it again.

I pray this too, for whoever may be reading this.

No comments: