Thursday, August 23, 2007

Art in the Word Inspirational Prompt


Week 5 Art in the Word Yahoo! Group Inspirational Prompt
Jeremiah 29:11For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

This is one of my favorite verses as I know it is for others. How reassuring to know that God has plans for little ole me! This verse assures us that He didn’t just create the Earth and everything in it and then just sit back and see what happens. He has plans for each and every one of us. AND His desire is to prosper us and do us no harm, to give us hope and a future in Heaven!

Many people forget the verse just before Jer.29:11. “This is what the LORD says: "When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my gracious promise to bring you back to this place.

When I am wondering if God has heard my prayers or am desperate to see some sign of prosperity or hope, I remember Jer:29:10. It took 70 YEARS for the people of Jerusalem to be able to return from exile in Babylon to their beloved homeland of Jerusalem. I must trust that God is working out His plans for me in His own time and in His own way. I often pray that God will not let me get in the way of His plans for me by substituting my own plans for His!

No comments: