Saturday, June 16, 2007

See! I TOLD you I'm Funny!

As a SAHM, accolades are few and far between - I feel like a pretty good mom on Mother's Day.
Aside from that, there's always that nagging feeling that I'm not a good enough mom. I should be more fun, cook more nutritious meals, volunteer for more field trips, keep a cleaner home (not to mention van!), plan more educational outings....

However, whenever I get those Mother's Day cards telling me why I'm such a great mom, my kids always say I'm funny. (then again, two of my kids ( the boys) think bodily noise humor is HILARIOUS.)

So, I was really excited when I received the news that I am a finalist in the Columbus Dispatch caption writing contest. FINALLY, something tangible that reinforces my belief that I am indeed the funniest mom in the entire universe. AFTER ALL, a PROFESSIONAL funny guy chose my caption out of over a thousand entries to be one of 11 finalists.

Anyhoo, if you would like to see my entry and decide for yourself, then go to www.dispatch.com/caption. I'm Lennea Truesdell, age 40 for those of you who only know me as Once Upon a Cottage.

1 comment:

Loudlife said...

Lennea - you are funny! That is great!

I feel the same way about being a mom - unfortunately, at 3, mine is too young to really give me any concrete reinforcement. I figure I've got another few years before she starts telling me I'm a great mom on Mother's Day and the meanest mom alive the rest of the year!

Good luck!
Laurie

P.S. Love the charms!