Ok... I've been tagged by Krissy and Laurie (and no, Laurie, I do NOT have to write 14 things!) I am the Queen of my Blog and make my own rules :)! ANYWAY...
7 Random Things about me...
1) I was adopted as a newborn. One of the greatest gifts anyone has given me is the gift of a stable family by my birth mother.
2) I NEVER thought I'd live in a small town. Now, I live in a town of 1200 people. Proof that God has a sense of humor!
3) Tomorrow is a day of mourning for my family. It is the last episode of Gilmore Girls. First Cosby, then Cheers, Seinfeld, Frasier, Friends, Everwood and now this. Oy, with the poodles, Already! ( if you are a fellow Gimore Girls fan, you will get this - if not, you missed out on one of the wittiest, fast talking, best shows ever on tv!)
4) I dream of spending a month alone on a private island. I need a chef and a housekeeper, my books, a ton of art supplies, my Bible and a collection of my favorite cd's. I really love solitude and never have enough of it. When I was a kid, I could spend hours up in my favorite tree, reading or just thinking and dreaming.
5) I take a nap almost every day. I don't apologize for it anymore.
6) I also no longer apologize for my messy house and van. That's the great thing about turning 40 - I no longer feel like I have to apologize for being the real me.
7) My first husband died when I was 31. My kids were 2 months old, 4yrs and 5 yrs. I have never felt God's presence more than that first year after his death. Everything I had come to rely on of this world had fallen away. I had God and my family and friends. And that was enough. Since then, the worries and distractions of this world have crept back into my life. I sometimes miss that bittersweet time in my life. But, I now know that whatever happens, God's strength and grace is enough.