Friday, February 01, 2008

Sealed for Eternity!


VERSE: Ephesians 1:14



[You were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,] who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession - to the praise of His glory.



THOUGHT:



God is true to His word. He keeps His promises. But, that was not enough for Him. He gave us a down payment, a deposit, so we could be sure of our inheritance and look forward to the full realization of our salvation. He gave us the Holy Spirit. When God buys us out of slavery to our mortal bodies and redeems us into our eternal home with bodies that will not grow old or decay, we won't need the deposit; we will have the full inheritance. But until then, until we go to Him, isn't it amazing that He makes his home within us!



PRAYER:



Transcendent and yet ever-near God, thank You for not making me wait to experience Your presence. Thank You for giving me "a foretaste of glory divine." Thank You for sending Your blessed and promised Spirit to live in me and remind me where my home truly is. Until the day I see you face-to-face, I want to honour Your presence in my mortal body by living a life that is pure, holy and a blessing to others. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

1 comment:

SweetAnnee said...

A wonderful creation
both yours and God's

fondly, deena