Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Fun with Felting



Well, I knew I would eventually succumb to this new craze in crafting and after seeing the Fabulous Rande Hansen's felting at Paper Whimsy I bought some roving, a clover tool and felting needle Mat all from Paper Whimsy. This was my first project and so much fun. I started with a quilt square and layered on cotton scraps, roving, ribbon, lace and a felted double heart and leaves that I had felted earlier. All the fabrics and fibers on the inside of the quilt were attached using only the felting needle. The trim fabric could not be felted, so I used some fabric glue to attach it along the edge. I also sprinkled on some mica flakes for a little sparkle. As I'm not much of a sewer, this project was an easy and fun way to make a little quiltie without so much as a stitch.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wowza!!! stunning piece, love it all, but the best part was that it was achieved without sewing, how cool is that (from one who does not sewing too)
I can see you do many more of these.....

Dogwood Paper Arts said...

Beautiful work. I love the idea of felting...almost purchased items the other day but decided I'd better finish up my already started quilts/wallhangings.