Friday, September 14, 2007

Free to Fly


September...it's a beautiful month, the beginning of Fall. Soon the leaves will put on their spectacular show of color. We're just now starting to see some leaves turn here in Ohio and in the mornings the air is brisk and awakens your senses.


September is also a sad month for so many. I will never forget all the lives lost on Sep. 11th. I lost my husband, Ken, nine years ago in September. A fellow artist is mourning the tragic loss of her sister, and another artist remembering the birthday of her daughter who is now in Heaven.


And yet, in the midst of the sadness, we have the joy of knowing our loved ones are now Free to Fly. And I look forward to a JOYOUS reunion with loved ones I have lost, when I reunite with them again in Heaven.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

I am thinking of you sweet Lennea and wishing you gentle days ahead. Your new piece is so very lovely. Love, Jamie

Healing Expressions said...

This collage is just lovely and your words a sweet encouragement!

kecia deveney said...

hi lennea. i didn't know that about your husband. i was sorry to read that. see you at artnsoul soon!
kecia

cookievf said...

First time here today! I learned we're in the skinny book swap together & wanted to say hello.

I am sorry to hear about your loss. I, too, look forward to those happy reunions and also feel they are still close by, watching over us here on earth.

Your beautiful arch is so inspiring!!

- vicki xo

Anonymous said...

Lovely lady, This collage is just beautiful! May God walk with you every minute, every day of your life. Hugs, Catherine